Feb 23, 2006

Different Things

What's going on with me:

Well, I'm really busy with school. I've had to step up the pace with it in order to get done on time.

Besides that, there isn't anything so exciting to tell, and that wasn't all that exciting either!

If you'd like some good reading here are a few recommendations...

Books I'm reading right now:

SHE by Rebecca St. James and Lynda Hunter Bjorklund

This book is for a range of ages. Rebecca writes from a younger perspective and Lynda writes from an older perspective. It is a really good book!

The Professor by Charlotte Bronte (and we just ordered Shirley!)

So far it has been excellant. It is especially interesting for me because the main character, William Crimsworth, goes to live in Brussels, Belgium.

(Thanks again Jacqui for recommending Shirley!)

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

I've read it before but it has been awhile so I have forgotten alot of it. It is also really good.

Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis

C.S. Lewis has such a way of explaining things! It has been a great book.

Girl Talk by Carolyn Mahaney and Nicole Mahaney Whitacre

Just started on this one. So far it has been great. (And I have always loved reading their blog!)

In Need of Prayer:


This little girl is in need of all our prayers.
The doctors discovered that Candace has "gram positive cocci infection" originating on the bone and spread throughout the soft tissue in her body.

Candace is only 7 years old. And she has had to have 12 surgeries in 15 days.

For updates on how she is doing, visit her website.

No comments: