Jan 23, 2006

British Literature

I love British literature! Below is a list of some of the books that I’ve read.

By Jane Austen

Northenger Abbey: I think it is one of Jane Austen’s earlier novels. It was very good. I’m not sure if there is a movie for this one. It would make a good movie though!

Sense and Sensibility: Was also very good. It also had some interesting turns. Especially with Mr. Willoughby. It was a little sad at the end though. The movie for this one is very good. I think it was made in 1995, not sure though.

Pride and Prejudice: One of my favorite books (I’ve said that before haven’t I?). Early in the book you can kinda figure out how it will end, but are not sure how it will happen. It does have some surprises though! The movie is also excellent (the one made in 1995 with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy). I also saw the new one that just came out, it was okay but I like the other one better.

Mansfield Park: Fanny Price is shy but sweet-tempered and is sometimes just brushed aside and forgotten about. But it has a happy ending for her. In this book, you can also guess what will happen at the end, but sometimes it seems that you will be proven wrong.

Emma: In this book the star character, Emma, is very wealthy. And her personality is different from the key character in the other Jane Austen books.

Persuasion: Sad at first, but turns out well. You run into some interesting people in this book. They also have a movie for this one.

By Charlotte Bronte

Jane Eyre: Really surprising! I won’t tell you what is surprising in case you haven’t read the book. But if you like books with surprising and interesting turns, you would probably like it.

Villette: I’m not finished reading it yet, but so far it has been excellent! Just like in Jane Eyre, it also has some surprises. I feel so sorry for Lucy Snow! I can’t tell you whether it ends happily or not because, like I said, I haven’t finished it yet. (If you’ve read it, please don’t tell me how it ends!)

By Emily Bronte:

Wuthering Heights: The people in this book are very odd. And there is a lot of sad things in the book, but two of the people have a happy ending.

No comments: