Jan 10, 2006

If I could take a couple of minutes of your time...

"Good morning," said the young salesman to the lady when she opened her door after his repeated knocking. "If I could take a couple of minutes of your time, I would like to demonstrate the very latest in high-powered vacuum cleaners.

"I haven't got any money, please go away!" replied the lady, and she proceeded to try and close the door.

Quick as a flash, the young salesman wedged his foot in the door and pushed it wide open.

"Don't be too hasty!" he said. "Not until you have at least seen my demonstration."

With that statement of triumph, he proceeded to empty a bucket full of smelly dump yard dirt onto her hallway carpet.

"If this vacuum cleaner does not remove all traces of this smelly dump yard dirt from your carpet, Madam, I will personally eat the remainder."

The lady replied, "Well I hope you've got a good appetite, because they cut off my electricity this morning."

That reminds me of the time…

Last year when we were in the US for a few months, a telemarketer called and he began telling me about this product and asking if I knew about it. After a while he ask if my parents were there and I said no, and he ask if he could call back sometime when they were there. But I said that we really were not interested and he said, “They have trained you well haven’t they?”

No comments: